tales from the wayside

I started for telling short stories - then about the home remodel (not happening) - now ... just random outtakes and foolish assumptions.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Step one is done, onto the next dozen

The kitchen is done. Let me say it again: the kitchen is done. I needed to say it twice because I can barely believe it myself.

We painted (white over burnt orange – two coats – and installed a wood laminate floor. I don’t know that I could have done it without Bob, though. They found he was a bit anemic and put him on iron through an IV, and reduced one of his anti-rejection medications. It made him feel SO much better, but DAMN! The man is close to 30 years older than I, and he can work me into the ground. I’m just catching my breath and he’s jumping up and ready to go again.

So anyway, the paint is spread, the floor is laid, and the molding is in place. Now we have to put everything back.

Currently, the kitchen is in pieces, and each piece is located somewhere in the house. It’s like a culinary scavenger hunt. Wooden dish rack? It’s on the loveseat in the living room. Serving bowl? In the den. Crockpot? Uhm….. somewhere else. I think.

Again, we’re having a BIG Thanksgiving, dining outside again because there’re too many people to get inside. We have one week to fix up the kitchen, the rest of the house and set up the canopies and get the tables and chairs we’re renting.

New rule – no more redecorating until AFTER Christmas.

Maybe I should just turn Bob loose on it and sit back and watch ...

5 Comments:

Blogger Cuppa said...

Hooray for you! Do you have before and after pics you can post?

Hope you find everything you need for your Thanksgiving celebration.

7:32 AM  
Blogger methatiam said...

Cuppa -
currently, the AFTER picture would be more like an AFTERMATH picture, the sort of thing Pres. Bush would tour and shake his head at.

Ill try to get one (or so) when everything is put back.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Well, that's a big step in the right direction. I'm sure everything will be organized soon.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

I love redecorating or remodeling but I hate the mess while we are at it. We cannot have thanksgiving outside here. We are having a small dinner here for immediate family then having a big one at my sil's for mil's birthday. Wish we could do it outside.

10:23 PM  
Blogger karla said...

You really go all out for Thanksgiving! I haven't done thanksgiving with my family in probably over 5 years now.

Congrats on getting all that painting and new floor in. I'm with Cuppa and would love to see some before and after pics.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home