tales from the wayside

I started for telling short stories - then about the home remodel (not happening) - now ... just random outtakes and foolish assumptions.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

Monday, January 29, 2007

My new toy


It’s been a while since I’ve checked in, but I want to assure you I have spent the time wisely. Last Wednesday, I traded in the 14 year-old pickup I’d kept running for more than a decade and bought myself a monster.

We’re still working to get our house in a sellable condition, and with the equity from that sale, we want to get a fifth-wheel travel trailer. To that end, we need something that can haul a fifth-wheel, thus the monster.

I only have the one picture of it so far, but for those of you who are or who know motor-heads, it’s a 2004 Dodge Ram Mega-cab diesel with an 8 foot bed.

It’s a blast to drive and a stone cold terror to park.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cuppa said...

Yes, it does look like quite the beast to park. Yikes! For the life of me I can't parallel park our CRV, so I don't know how I would ever manage a truck like this. Looks pretty spiffy though. Enjoy the new toy!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Cuppa said...

Ooops, we had a bit of a computer glitch today and I just posted as AC. It's really me - Cuppa here. I will try to get things sorted out before I try to post another comment.

6:39 PM  
Blogger methatiam said...

Cuppa - that's an impressive beard you have.

7:52 PM  
Blogger karla said...

I would rather walk 17 blogs than parallel park our mini sunfire. I can't imagine trying to actually drive your truck in a staight line.

Congrats on the new truck!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home