tales from the wayside

I started for telling short stories - then about the home remodel (not happening) - now ... just random outtakes and foolish assumptions.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Spring Desert Snow

I’m still in Arizona, but not by much. I am at the border of New Mexico in the White Mountains. I came up here on a business trip. Now, NOW when it's officially Spring, when even the Canadians are thawing out, and the Washington State BLOGS are raving about warm spring rains, I get snow.

Yep. Two inches (or so) last night, and still coming down. It's been eight years since I was in snow, and then it was my brother's funeral, so the charm of the moment rather escaped me. Now …. Well I wish I wasn't here to work. I'd rather explore the winter and relearn to drive in the stuff.

Here is one of the picts of the snow I caught on the way into work this morning. Happy winter in the spring from the desert……..huh?

4 Comments:

Blogger karla said...

Did you make a few snow balls to take home and store in the freezer?

9:07 AM  
Blogger methatiam said...

I did make one, and put it in my pocket. It seems to have disapeared, though.....

11:53 AM  
Blogger Cuppa said...

We woke up to a fresh layer of snow on the ground yesterday, but it was gone by noon. The old stuff is still piled on the front lawn, but the temps will rise nicely today and we should get rid of another layer of winter.

Crazy weather huh? "Spring Desert Snow" - I love it.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Hi Dale, If you want to email me, I can get back to you re your question.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home