tales from the wayside

I started for telling short stories - then about the home remodel (not happening) - now ... just random outtakes and foolish assumptions.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

Monday, March 12, 2007

19 years

Today is our 19th anniversary. Taking the GW Bush approach:” In other words, we were married 19 years ago today”.

To celebrate, we went to the Renaissance Fair. It was a fun time, though I must admit I hadn’t seen that much concentrated cleavage in a very long time. The men were decked out in everything from Pirates to knights to musketeers, but the women all seemed to choose the Tom Jones look. (No, not the singer!).

Chelsea got her hair braided in some fancy fantasy-inspired way which looked quite nice, we had our picture taken in period dress and spent WAY too much, but it was fun.

I suppose, as with any festival or pageant or theme parks, there is a certain amount of inner child that comes out in us, which helps us to enjoy the sounds and sights and smells. Once I got home, however, the inner child ran out on me and left a middle-age guy who had to take the aches and pains from six hours of continuous walking and standing. I spent most of Sunday with a lower back hangover.

On the other hand, it was a blast, and it was our anniversary. After 19 years, there is still no way to adequately celebrate such a momentous occasion. As much as I might ache and as much as my credit card might be whimpering, Chelsea and I had fun together. That’s really all that matters.

Huzzah.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Well, congratulations then.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Norma said...

You're practically newly weds on my dance card.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home