tales from the wayside

I started for telling short stories - then about the home remodel (not happening) - now ... just random outtakes and foolish assumptions.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

Monday, May 08, 2006

Hey, it's coming together, must be time to give up!

OK, well the good news is that we found a lender.  The mortgage people we have now have agreed to refinance the house at a full percent LOWER interest rate. The whole thing is approved and the paper work (they have no local branches) is on its way through DHL.  I sign, return, and, like Wiley E. Coyote, I stand by the mail box until my package from ACME comes from just off-camera.

 

Now I’m thinking maybe I don’t want to do this.  I suppose it could be cold feet, after all, it’s a big commitment, but the truth is that in order to afford the payments on this loan, I have to pay off two old loans – one of these is for the car.

 

Add to this some of the other expenses we need to cover and I don’t know if there’s going to be enough left to put into the house to do half of what we wanted.  Would it be better to wait five years when the other loans are done so as to have more available for the house?  On the other hand, I would actually be paying out less every month once the other two loans are paid off.

 

On the other hand, if I don’t I might not be able meet those other “necessary expenses” at all.

 

On the other hand, there are four fingers and a thumb.

 

Another glitch: while I was writing this, I found out that my designer’s mother may be dying of cancer, so he’s leaving next week to go to her, and his concentration is there (rightfully so!), and he won’t be able to take this on for a while.

 

I called a couple of contractors and found the price per square foot, and I’m probably going to get about half of the addition that I wanted.

 

This is just getting too complicated.

 

I need a nap.

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Love the humour: On the other hand, there are four fingers and a thumb.

These decisions and then the ensuing projects are very difficult. May wisdom descend upon your brow. On the other hand ... :)

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home